Our current location has been a dental office for a long time. Tow long time Aurora dentists, Dr. Logman and Dr. Weber, brought their downtown practice to the current location in the mid 1970s but moved it to Farnsworth Avenue after a few years. Dr. Logman left Dr. Weber’s practice on Farnsworth Avenue after a while and returned to our current location since it was still available. Dr. Logman had a few associates over the years and hired Dr. Dokhanchi in 1993. Dr. Dokhanchi remained with the practice and became the main dentist at our current location in 2002 after Dr. Logman retired. In 2011, another long time Aurora dentist, Dr. James Maminga, merged his practice with Dr. Dokhanchi’s practice before retiring.
Our Practice Today
Since 2002, Dr. Dokhanchi has made numerous changes to the office to ensure patient safety, comfort, and convenience. The following can
help you familiarize yourself better with our practice:
- Fully computerized to be more efficient and better serve your needs.
- Heat Sterilization of all instruments with Midmark M9 sterilizer and SciCan Statim 2000.
- Backup Midmark M7 sterilizer and Tuttnauer sterilizer when needed.
- We take sterilization very seriously. We use disposable products when it’s called for and all our instruments are heat sterilized. We also test our sterilizers weekly by a very reputable sterilization monitoring company, NORTH BAY/BIOSCIENCE.
- Regular use of LINES for dental waterline disinfection.
- Digital Radiographs(X-Rays) to reduce radiation exposure and better diagnosis.
- Intra-oral camera to enhance doctor/patient communication.
- Satellite TV in the reception room and at the dental chair-side for your entertainment.
- Major remodeling in 2004 to keep our facility looking fresh and technologically advanced.
Information on dental treatment can be found on thousands of pages around the Internet. Unfortunately, misinformation is also plenty. Our philosophy in treating patients follows the principles of Evidence-Based Dentistry. This simply means that as a clinician we follow scientific evidence to treat our patients. Lotions, potions, and quackery have no place in our practice.
American Dental Association has everything you need to answer your questions regarding your care:
Dentalwatch.com and Quackwatch.com are websites consisting of “an international network of people who are concerned about health-related frauds, myths, fads, fallacies, and misconduct.” It’s a good source of information on health myths. If you hear some too-good-to-be true or unreasonable claim by healthcare professionals, it’s a good idea to search these sites for accurate and scientific information.
Insurance & Payment Options
The cost of dental treatment can be a major concern for everyone. It is no secret that dental treatment is expensive. Unfortunately with the high cost of dental education and running a dental practice the right way, there appears to be no relief in site. Dental insurance companies have not increased their limits for decades and appear to be cutting benefits every year. They also discourage treatment by only covering a percentage of the cost for expensive procedures, forcing patients to come up with up to 50 percent of the cost for these procedures.
To help our patients, we have signed up with most PPOs. This can give you a considerable reduction in your cost because we are considered an In-Network provider. We also accept credit cards so you can design your own payment plan. We also have two third-party financing companies to help you pay for your dental treatment.
For those without insurance, we have deep discounts for your first appointment, all check up appointments, and any other procedure you may need. Look at our Specials page for discounts and specials. Call us for more information.